UFC Fight Night 141 in China headlined a rematch of Curtis Blades vs Francis Ngannou. Curtis Blaydes has only lost one fight in his career. It was in his UFC debut at UFC Fight Night 86 against Francis Ngannou. Since that loss Curtis Blaydes has managed to find himself in the UFC and has started a solid run of six matches without defeat.
Curtis Blaydes is a humble guy – charged with success. If you ask me who can beat DC it’s Curtis Blaydes. His debut for the world’s biggest promotion was marked by a “defeat” to the gaining, Cameroonian Predator. I watched the fight (and you should), and I can say for sure that if not for the stoppage by the doctors, Francis’ hype machine would have been ruined right there.
Curtis Blaydes is an excellent fighter, a good puncher and a very durable athlete. His only defeat came from inexperience, he tried to shoot out with Ngannou and paid the price.
Pros of Curtis Blaydes:
- Excellent stamina.
- He is tall and heavy, yet athletic.
- World-class wrestler.
- Excellent punch holding. He hasn’t been punched. Curtis Blaydes held on, Overyim’s knee, to the face?! – Have you ever seen anything like that?!
- Good standup.
Minuses Curtis Blaydes:
- Likes to get hammered. With a puncher like Francis, he can repeat his first encounter
Francis Ngannou is a man who went from Cameroon to France in search of a better life, and in a moment found himself on top of the Unifighting World. His background is a godsend for promotion, you can make movies that will make us weep and be inspired by his success. And his phenomenal power! Seriously, you can’t even move him. And, of course, his ‘stamina’, which has become a meme. Muscle and strength comes at a price.
After a terrific series of knockouts, everyone said Ngannou was the king, he was unstoppable. BUT, as always, life has shown that fighting is the foundation of everything and Stipe Miocic has shown how to beat Godzilla.
- Thick skull bones. Yes, he actually has thicker and harder bones than any of you, so he takes hard punches with ease.
- Colossal physical strength.
- Jet hands. For a heavyweight he has awesome speed + combined with killing power – knock out the lights
- World class boxing
- Good defence against take-downs. Until he’s tired, he can’t be moved
- Sucks stamina. If the fight lasts longer than a round and a half, it’s a verdict for the “raptor”
- No parter. For a Curtis Blaydes level, of course.
The outcome is as clear as ever – a win for Curtis Blaydes. Curtis Blaydes will fight Francis in the first round for decency, then translate and translate. And in the second round, he’ll start beating the shit out of himself and Sascha. Will he be able to finish Nganna?! – big question. Curtis Blaydes has more power and size than Miocic, so I think he can choke Francis in the second or third round. However, let’s not forget that Ngannou always has a puncher’s chance and he has it x2.