Playa is a well established South African sports betting brand. The company has a total of nine betting shops throughout the country and has a significant online presence thanks to its betting site, Playabets.co.za. It aims to become the one-stop destination for sports betting, whether it’s placing bets at real-world betting shops, or placing bets online. It’s fully licenced by the Eastern Cape Gambling and Betting Board, the Western Cape Gambling & Racing Board and the KZN Gaming and Betting Board. While sports betting is the focus, Playa also offers fixed-odds lotteries and keno games.
In the online betting world, Playa offers customers a crisp betting platform that works well across all devices. It’s known for having plenty of promotions which include a 100% matched deposit welcome offer, an FICA bonus, odds boosts and money back specials.
With valid licences from the KZN Gaming and Betting Board, Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board, and the Eastern Cape Gambling and Betting Board, you can rest assured that this operator is completely legal. It is also regulated by these governing bodies to ensure a fair and safe online betting experience.
PLAYA BETS WEBSITE REVIEW
The Playa Bets website boasts a clean and simple design, with punters in South Africa able to quickly start placing bets regardless of the device they use to access the sportsbook.
There are handy links at the top of the page to sports, in-play betting, keno, lotto and promotions, with the main sports menu situated towards the left-hand side.
The centre of the page is dominated by the top live events happening right now across a variety of sports including soccer, tennis, basketball and volleyball. There is also a section featuring a list of upcoming events.
A betting slip is located on the right-hand side of the screen, with links to legal notices, how to contact Playa Bets and social media details at the bottom of the page.
Punters can bet on their favourite tipsters’ predictions on a wide range of sports including soccer, cricket, rugby, tennis, basketball and more, with hundreds of markets available on most events.
Playabets Mobile Betting Markets
The Playabets app is one of the most user-friendly betting sites you will ever come across. You can find everything you will need, along with the feature for Playabets fixtures download options to have on your hard drive. The app is compatible with all the most popular operating systems available, to provide a seamless display of the different betting markets. You can find soccer betting markets of the best domestic and international leagues, along with rugby, cricket, tennis and basketball options.
Playa Bets betting markets and odds
The sports betting section Playabets is where they excel, they probably have more different markets than any other online bookie in South Africa. These include the most popular sports and 1000s of daily markets, Playa Bet sports betting is well laid out and easy to navigate.
Playa Bets odds are displayed in fractional and are easy to find after you have selected your sport in the menu, down the left-hand side of the website.
Some of the odds Playabet has available that seperate them from other betting sites include esports, which is a blossoming area in sports betting, Australian Football and futures markets on the next winter olympics.
PLAYA BETS IN-PLAY BETTING
Playa Bets offers punters in South Africa an excellent range of live in-play betting opportunities. Soccer betting fans will be in their element on the site, with hundreds of markets available on top competitions like the Premier League, Serie A and La Liga.
Tennis, basketball, volleyball and ice hockey are among the other sports covered, ensuring that punters can place wagers as the action unfolds and boost their chances of securing a winning return.
Playa Bets Horse Racing Betting Tips & more
Each sport on the Playa Bets menu has a number beside it which indicates how many individual fixtures or matches there are open for betting. Whilst these vary from week-to-week, the current pack leaders are ice hockey, basketball, tennis and golf. These events come from multiple places. Tennis has ATP, WTA, ITF, Challenger and Davis Cup action. Basketball has leagues from 12 countries plus Euroleague matches. Ice hockey follows a similar path.
There’s also plenty of American football from both the US and Canada, as well as lots of snooker, volleyball and handball. Esports is rapidly growing, and Playa delivers a host of markets from Dota 2, Hearthstone, League of Legends and CS:GO to name a few.
As for market depth, on the whole it is above average. The majority of sports have a plethora of options ready and waiting for you. The odds that you’ll get at Playa – as promised – are competitive. We compared them with a few other local operators and this site performed very well, so value betting is assured.
How to Place a Bet Using Playabets Bookmaker Offers
Getting your bets placed at Playabets is effortless. Once you’re logged into your account, here’s what you need to do:
- Choose from the ‘SPORT’ or ‘IN-PLAY’ categories
- Select one of the categories listed in the left-hand column
- Have a look at the sub-categories that appear and click on one
- Look at the betting options that appear in the middle of the screen and choose one
- Your bet will appear in the bet slip on the right-hand side of the screen
- Enter your stake and click to confirm; your bet’s now been placed
There are currently seven such promotions on the go, ranging from registration bonuses to betting bonus-rewards.
The site offers both a first time bonus (100% up to R2000) while also offering a R100 reward for referring a friend to the site.
The betting bonuses include a multi-bet bonus, three bonuses where punters can get their original stake back as well as a competition for a Play Station 4.
The site offers a Keno throughout the day and the market on these draws are large and interesting enough to hold most punters’ attention.
The Lucky Numbers is based on a similar principle as a lottery, and also run throughout the day.
Clicking on the Lucky Numbers icon on the main menu on the landing page will give the user access to a feast of local and international lotteries (left hand flank).
These lottery games, lucky numbers and keno’s all offer the player a massive opportunity to win substantial amounts of money.
Platabets offers over 100 Lucky Number games per week from official lottery draws all around the world.
For each draw we define: the date and time of the draw, the type of draw (6/45, 5/36 etc.) and the name of the draw.
Bet types that are available for particular draws depend on the type of draw.
Playabets Welcome Bonuses
Playabets’ offer is great, but there’s a bit more to it than meets the eye. Every kind of welcome offer or bookmaker bonus has terms and conditions. These list all the rules and requirements you have to follow for that bonus to be yours. Here are the most important ones for the current Playabets’ offer:
- This bonus is for new customers only
- You need to complete the FICA process to be eligible
- Your first deposit has to be rolled over three times with bets at odds of 1.0 (South African decimal odds) or greater before you can claim your bonus
- You have 90 days to play through your deposit, otherwise your bonus will be removed from your account
- You have to contact Playabets’ customer service team by email ([email protected]) to receive your bonus
How to Claim Your Playabets Welcome Bonuses
Now that you’ve got your account set up, there are just a few more things to do:
- Select one of the site’s accepted payment methods
- Input the required details to link a payment method to your account
- Deposit some cash into your account
- Place your first qualifying bets
After doing all of the above, you can look forward to receiving your bonus!
How to Register on Playabets
Playabets is a South African online Bookmaker based in South Africa. The lemon-green-themed sports betting website offers a long list of sports games, betting events, favourable odds and mouth-watering bonuses to its punters. The Playabet website is easy to navigate and the registration process is designed to make it easy for new punters to create an account.
- Go to https:/playabets.co.za/
- On the Playabet homepage, click on “register” on the right hand corner.
- Fill the registration form displayed on the screen.
- Enter an active email address as well other valid personal information required at the appropriate field on the registration form.
- Verify all the details provided and click on “register”.
- To complete your registration, email your FICA documents to Playabets on [email protected]
Your account will be activated as soon as your FICA document is verified.
WHAT METHODS OF DEPOSIT DO YOU OFFER
Playa offers multiple ways to deposit money into your betting account wallet. Deposits can be made using the following methods:
- Credit Card: For Visa and MasterCard credit cards. Money is cleared instantly for betting.
- Instant EFT: For ABSA, FNB, Investec, Nedbank & Standard Bank. Instant EFT allows customers to use their internet banking facility to directly deposit funds into their betting account. Money is cleared instantly for betting
- Direct Bank Deposit: For direct deposit into our ABSA, FNB, Investec, Nedbank or Standard Bank account.
- OTT Vouchers: can be purchased from any of the following retailers: Boxer, Caltex Fresh Stop, GolCell and Kazang. To find a location near you, click the link: https://find.ott-mobile.com/
- 1VOUCHER: Simply buy a 1voucher from any flash or PEP store, click on deposit and select 1voucher and enter your 1voucher pin. Your account will be topped up with the value of the 1Voucher purchased.
- Zapper: You can now deposit with zapper by scanning our unique Zapper QR Code. Zapper deposits will be credited to your account during customer support hours. Click the link for the Zapper QR Code: DEPOSIT NOW
Should you choose to do a direct deposit into one of our bank accounts, please choose your current banking institution and make the deposit into the same banking institutions account to avoid delays. Please provide your Playa account number when making bank deposits. Please note that direct bank deposit turnaround times are dependant on the banking institution and not on Playa.
You can withdraw your winnings from your Playa Bets account using the following methods:
- Playa Bets Branch – You can withdraw your winnings at any Playa Bets Branch when showing your ID.
- EFT Bank Transfer – You can withdraw your winnings directly into your South African Bank account with an EFT Bank Transfer.
- Cash Send to Cellphone – You can withdraw your winnings from any Standard Bank or FNB ATM with Standard Bank Instant Money or FNB eWallet
The above withdrawal methods are subject to withdrawal terms and conditions.
Playabets Customer Service
Playabets has a fantastic customer support network in place. If you’re having any trouble with your account you can reach out to the support team by using one of the following methods:
Live Chat – All you need to do is click on the red ‘live chat’ button and a pop-up window will open on your screen.
Telephone – 0873546333. Lines are open from 09:00-22:00 every day.
E-mail – [email protected]
Whatsapp – 0743102305