UFC Fight Night 141 in China was a rematch of Curtis Blades vs Francis Ngannou. A long time ago, at UFC Fight Night 86, Curtis Blaydes lost to Francis Ngannou. Since then, Curtis has been doing well and he has not lost any fights in his UFC career.
Curtis Blaydes is a guy who is not too good. He was fighting a guy from Cameroon who has the hype machine. Curtis lost if the doctors didn’t stop it.
Curtis is a good fighter. He can punch and he is very tough. But he was not experienced enough to fight Ngannou. His inexperience cost him the match.
Pros of Curtis Blaydes:
- Excellent stamina.
- He is tall and heavy, yet athletic.
- World-class wrestler.
- Excellent punch holding. He hasn’t been punched. Curtis Blaydes held on, Overyim’s knee, to the face?! – Have you ever seen anything like that?!
- Good standup.
Minuses Curtis Blaydes:
- Likes to get hammered. With a puncher like Francis, he can repeat his first encounter
Francis Ngannou is a man who went from Cameroon to France in search of a better life and, in one moment, became the top fighter in the world. His background is a great story for movies that will make us cry and be inspired by his success. And his phenomenal power! Seriously, you can’t move him at all. And he has ‘stamina’, which has become a meme. Muscle and strength comes with costs, though.
After a terrific series of knockouts, everyone said Ngannou was the king. But then Stipe Miocic showed how to beat him.
- Thick skull bones. Yes, he actually has thicker and harder bones than any of you, so he takes hard punches with ease.
- Colossal physical strength.
- Jet hands. For a heavyweight he has awesome speed + combined with killing power – knock out the lights
- World class boxing
- Good defence against take-downs. Until he’s tired, he can’t be moved
- Sucks stamina. If the fight lasts longer than a round and a half, it’s a verdict for the “raptor”
- No parter. For a Curtis Blaydes level, of course.
The outcome is as clear as ever – a win for Curtis Blaydes. Curtis Blaydes will fight Francis in the first round for decency, then translate and translate. And in the second round, he’ll start beating the shit out of himself and Sascha. Will he be able to finish Nganna?! – big question. Curtis Blaydes has more power and size than Miocic, so I think he can choke Francis in the second or third round. However, let’s not forget that Ngannou always has a puncher’s chance and he has it x2.